Saturday, December 13, 2014

Catching up and other things...

Last weekend it started off with a surprise when a package arrived from UPS. What did it contain? A coffee mug that says it all! MB...you rock!

Last Saturday we went to the Georgetown Christmas parade and it was a lot of fun! I even saw a student performing in the parade and yelled for her attention as all good teachers would do! Norah loved running around and hanging out with everyone!




We ended the night with oysters and friends over for football watching! Even Frankie and Denny made it over! Always good times.

I think living in Pawleys Island the new activity to do on a Friday or Saturday night in the winter is to eat oysters. It would be the same as grilling burgers or ordering pizza in Charlotte. So this Friday...Jeff picked up oysters on his way home from work and since the kids were already hanging out...it became an oyster night again. So good!





This morning Jeff went hunting...we are hoping this time he gets something! I guess we will know soon enough. So Norah and I had a date this morning at Litchfield Diner. Always fun hanging with my girl!
Whew! Hard to believe there is one more week of school left before Christmas Break. I am actually SUPER excited about break and all the time I get to spend with family and friends. I must admit that I am a little behind in the Christmas shopping department as I usually would be done by now...but my goal (gotta have a goal!) is to finish by next Saturday. (Gotta finish Christmas cards too!) That way I can just enjoy doing activities with Norah, listening to Christmas music, admiring the lights of the Christmas tree, hanging out with family and friends, and just soaking up the holiday spirit. :)

Usually I do some sort of wish list on the blog each year for Christmas just to throw out ideas in general but I don't really have one put together so here are a couple things. Of course gift cards always work for anyone (Amazon, Restaurants, Spa, or the all inclusive VISA.)

But if you have someone who reads...I have heard so many good things about the book "Station Eleven." It has popped up on numerous "best book" lists of 2014...it would make a good gift. (Hint, Hint) ;)


Or this book looks good as I loved the author's other book..."A Hundred Summers."


And I heard this one is a good read too...

I still never bought Hunter Rain Boots (Gloss Wide Calf) but feel like I would wear them a lot.

Okay...this would probably not be very practical but they have a new bike path near our house and I think this would be so fun to have. Then Norah and I could go together! Or better yet...Jeff and I can be on it so he can do all the work! Tandem Bike (I kinda wish all the moms would band together and make our kids ride their bikes to and from school in the upcoming years on the new path! Maybe one day...)


Okay now on to the fun activities that I am planning for break...first up...we are having a family night at the movies and seeing "Night at the Museum 3" together. We actually just watched the first two films for the first time as a family the last few family nights we had so we are all excited about the third movie.
And I am taking Norah to see "The Nutcracker" at the Palace Theatre December 21. We are excited to go!
Well that catches the ole' blog up....now to run some errands!

No comments: