Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Recent Book Reads...

I finished the following books recently...

I find that I have wanted to read interesting but not too long books at the beginning of the summer. First up was "The Headmaster's Wife" which was a quick read and I did figure out what was happening but thought it was good. I think the loss of loved ones affect people in different ways. I would recommend this book to people who like to read a lot but if you are only a few books a year person you may not be into it as much.

"Behind the Beautiful Forevers" is a non-fiction book. First let me say that I have a fascination with India and if a book is set in India and gives me a glimpse into their culture, daily lives, etc. then I usually love it. This book was good and I found it interesting to see the dynamic of the lives that are portrayed...but I felt I needed more. I wanted to know how to find out about the people today, etc. This book is for those who enjoy non-fiction and want to read about people in extreme poverty and their daily lives.

"Euphoria" is a book about 3 anthropologists in the 1930s and is loosely based on the life of Margaret Mead. I found this book fascinating. I actually wanted it to be longer. I loved the descriptions of their lives and the work they were doing. This was my favorite out of the ones above by far and I would recommend.

Now to decide what is up next! Linked up...Modern Mrs. Darcy

No comments: