Monday, June 15, 2015

Taking Norah to Camp Seafarer...

Last week I tried to soak up every minute with Norah before she left for camp. We did the beach daily where we collected shells, she rode the waves, and just enjoyed being outside.

We played lots of games. My mom actually found an old backgammon game so Norah and I played that a lot. We are all about games that take only one or two people to play.

We both read a lot...which was awesome.

We even celebrated with friends on our last night in town. Then we were off on Saturday to New Bern to spend the night and attend an ice cream social for the camp. As all good Hoppe road trips start with a car selfie!

We made a stop in Wilmington to eat lunch and walk around and then once we got to New Bern...we checked into hotel (which a ton of campers were staying)...and then headed to dinner at Persimmons which was awesome. The view and the food was great Of course it was HOT as you know what and we were all sweating like beasts...but worth it!





Then we headed to the ice cream social. It was chaotic as there were lots of kids but really cute event. I even ran into some people I know which was wild. :)

Saturday night I was quite anxious and teary thinking about leaving Norah the next day. However, the next day came and we arrived at camp...Norah was beyond happy and excited! She went into her cabin and settled right in and was ready for us to leave so she could start her camp experience. This made me super happy! However, I didn't take a lot of pics that day because I just got caught up in the action of unpacking, etc.

The camp was beautiful!

This is Norah's cabin

This is the view from her cabin...yep...that will be nice to wake up to!

We left and drove back home. I missed her the moment we pulled away. I know she is having a blast though but it is hard not to talk to her! I miss having her to hang out with all week but look forward to seeing the camp post some pics and catching a glimpse of her!


No comments: