Thursday, June 18, 2015

The days without Norah...

It has been strange not having Norah here this week. I thought I would get all these things done but it was like I was off kilter. We did try some new things. We went to the new restaurant in town called PDQ and I can say the shrimp tacos were super yummy, as were the apps of fried green tomatoes and Crab cake medallions. They just opened so have a few kinks to work out as all new restaurants would but I think it is going to be a great place!

Branched out from my usual red wine and had two super delicious Prosecco choices...both were ones I would get again!



Saw two new movies...one I went to the theater to see after seeing such high reviews on Rotten Tomatoes..."Spy." I actually really liked it! Definitely an "R" rated movie so not good for any kids but it was funny and interesting. Such a fun summer movie...go see it!

Finally watched "Wild" as I read the book about 3 years ago I think. It was okay...I felt they really didn't focus on any details of the hike and I remember the book was only okay for me too. I would pass on this one.

I also got some beach time in this week which is always fun but strange not to have Norah with me!

Wednesday was fantastic because I finally got to see a full picture of Norah on the camp website and we got a letter from her in the mail. She is having a blast and I cannot wait to hear all about it from her when she gets home!!!


This morning we woke up to some horrific news about what is believed to be a hate crime in Charleston leaving 9 people dead. It is just tragic. We are praying.


Tomorrow is the day to see my girl and hear all about her camp adventures...yeah! :)

No comments: