Friday, June 29, 2012

Norah's 5th Birthday Week...

Wow! This week has been busy...it all started last Friday when Norah, the dogs and I headed to Charlotte. We listened to our book "on tape" (I guess it is really book on iphone but Norah called it book on tape...so we will go with that!) and once we got to town...it was off for Norah to get a hair cut!
She has loved having a braid in her hair ever since she went to Vacation Bible School a couple of weeks ago. Then after the hair cut we saw "Madagascar 3" in 3D....we both loved it! And since it was our second time seeing it...Norah now requests Katy Perry's "Firework" song all the time!

Saturday brought Norah's big pool party. I made the cupcakes at the beach and then just frosted and added "cupcake tattoos" that I had gotten. I also put together the dinner bags that included a crustable, squeezable apple sauce and cheese stick for all the kids at the party too.

You probably can tell that her theme she picked was "zebras" which was pretty easy for me...so that was fun! She had a lot of friends come and I was really glad that she got to hang out with everyone together.



Had to throw in a pic of Daddy Jeff working hard at the party...

Then Sunday we headed back to the beach but had friends in tow! Christie and her girls, Harper and Perry came to visit! We loved having them here and we did have two days of not so great weather (down pour on day on us and a sand storm the next!) but we got a few good moments of weather on the beach! We also took the girls to the "Blue Crab" to eat and that was a big hit with the girls...Norah is ready to go back! It was so nice to have some "grape time" with Christie at night...I miss that! We also had the lovely addition of my washing machine breaking which proved...not fun! Oh well..that is another story! Well we were sad to see our company leave and I hope they come back again! We miss ya'll!!!



Norah also got to fly her own kite! William and Davis gave Norah a kite for her birthday and she is in love!


The kite was the perfect size for Norah to control by herself. She loves it!

So after our friends left...I actually got a little summer cold...but have no fear...there has been no time for "down time" in the Hoppe House and Thursday we were back at it to celebrate Norah's 5th birthday!! I cannot believe Norah is 5 and I did think about the actual day June 28, 2007...seems so long ago but like yesterday too. You can check out the post I did last year to see past pics of Norah on her birthdays HERE. I let Norah decide what she wanted to do and since I didn't feel so great...I went with it. She had spent the night before with my mom and she made her monkey bread for breakfast....she loved that (me too!) Then Norah and I saw the movie "Brave" in 3D and I know a lot of people are going to disagree but it was just okay...nothing I want to see again....oh well.

Due to a slight mix-up of the times on-line for the movie theatre we had some time to spare so I took her to Chick-fil-a for a mini sundae and play a little. We ended up meeting another little girl who just turned 5 this week too and will be going to the same elementary school as Norah!! So that was great!
After the movie and a quick trip to Home Depot...Norah and I met my Aunt Susan at the "Chop Chop House" for some Japenese cook on the table experience. It was really busy and to be honest...I think Norah and I were both worn out! The food was good and they gave you a ton...thank you so much Aunt Susan for going with us to celebrate Norah's birthday and she loved her gifts!

So today brought cleaning (a continuation of last night), some painting and then finally some beach time. I actually told Norah that I needed a break and she let me read while she played...it was great!!
So now after the blog update...more cleaning and getting ready for tomorrow...Daddy Jeff and his mom are headed here for the whole week! I am so excited about seeing Jeff for a whole week! I have missed him and I know Norah has too! There will be a lot of fun had this week and then it is time to get back into a normal "we actually live here" routine. And believe it or not all the pictures lately I have taken and posted have all been on my phone! It is easy to just pull out the ole' phone and snap away but I need to get the camera out too.

No comments: